One of the most aromatic, moist and delicious cakes by light years. All thanks to the mighty Ghee.
For the Batter:
200 g Granulated Sugar
200 ml Ghee (I used Lato)
250 g All Purpose Flour
1 tbsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Salt
200 ml Strawberry Jam (leave some to serve with)
- Preheat the fan oven to 170°C .
- Beat the sugar, eggs & vanilla paste or vanilla extract in a mixer on a medium speed.
- Add the ghee to batter & continue mixing until it increases in volume.
- Sift the flour, baking powder & salt into a bowl.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low & add the flour mixture 1/3 at a time.
- Pour the cake batter into two prepared oiled (I used vegetable oil) & floured or lined loaf tins. You can use one tin for a taller loaf.
- Dollop the strawberry jam on to the middle of the batter.
- Use a toothpick to gently swirl the batter & strawberry jam together.
- Put the cake batter into the oven for 45 – 50 minutes.
- Poke the cake with a toothpick or skewer in the middle at 40 -45 minutes. It is ready when the toothpick/skewer comes out clean.
Serve with vanilla ice-cream & the left over strawberry jam.
Happy Baking! 🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰