Vanilla glazed loaves made with our awesome vanilla paste.
For the Batter:
225 g Granulated Sugar
225 ml Vegetable Oil
300 g All Purpose Flour
1 tbsp Baking Powder
1/4 tbsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
75 ml Milk
1 tbsp Vanilla Paste
For the Glaze:
225g Icing Sugar
25 ml Milk
1 tsp Vanilla Paste
- Preheat the fan oven to 170°C .
- Beat the sugar and oil in a mixer on a medium speed.
- Add each egg one at a time while the mixer is still running.
- Add the vanilla paste and mix on medium for 5 minutes.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a bowl.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the flour mixture 1/3 at a time.
- Add the milk and mix for a further 5 minutes.
- Pour the cake batter into two prepared (buttered and floured or lined) loaf tins.
- Put into the oven for 50 – 55 minutes.
- After 50 minutes check the middle of the cake with a toothpick or skewer.
- It is ready when the toothpick/skewer comes out clean.
- Add the milk a little at a time to the icing sugar until you have a slow dropping consistency.
- Add the vanilla paste and pour over the cake loaves at your leisure 😋😋😋😋😋.
Happy Baking! 🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰
The vanilla paste can be found here on our site.