A cake so delicious, even the kids won’t notice the vegetable within.
- 280g – All-purpose Flour
- 250g – Granulated Sugar
- 200ml – Vegetable Oil
- 50ml – Milk
- 3 Eggs
- 2 tbsp – Vanilla Paste
- 1 tsp – Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp – Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp – Salt
- 250g – Zucchini, grated
- 175g – Dark Chocolate Chips
- Grease-proof Paper
- Grease and line a loaf tin, or any cake tin you would prefer, with grease-proof paper.
- Squeeze all the water out of the grated zucchini and set aside to dry out a bit.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl and set aside.
- Cream the sugar and eggs together in a mixer until it increases in volume.
- Add the vegetable oil, milk, vanilla paste, vanilla extract to the sugar mixture and combine well.
- On a lower speed, add the flour mixture.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and fold in the grated zucchini and dark chocolate chips by hand.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared tin and put it into the oven for 35-40 minutes.
- If you put a knife or toothpick into the middle of the cake at the 35-minute mark and it comes out clean, it is ready. If not put it back in the oven and wait until the knife or toothpick comes out clean.
Happy Baking! 🙂