A fabulous spiced carrot cake to use up leftover uncooked carrots from your Sunday roast.
For the Batter:
200g Granulated Brown Sugar
2000ml Vegetable Oil
1 tbsp Vanilla Paste
3 Carrots (Medium) Grated
250g Plain Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Tea Masala
For the Glaze:
225g Icing Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Paste
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C
2. Add the sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla paste and milk (wet ingredients) to a bowl and mix thoroughly. The mix should increase in volume.
3. Grate the carrots and press them between 2 pieces of kitchen towel to soak up the excess liquid. The excess liquid will not allow the grated carrots to evenly distribute in the batter and generally ruins the cake.
4. Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and tea masala (dry ingredients) in a separate bowl
5. Sift the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well.
6. Fold in the grated carrots into the batter gently.
7. Pour the cake batter into your preferred prepared (buttered and floured) tin and put into the oven for 30-35 minutes.
8. Put a toothpick into the middle of the cake to see if it is ready. It should come out clean. If not put the cake bake in for a few more minutes and then check again.
1. Add the milk a little at a time to the icing sugar until you have a slow dropping consistency.
2. Add the vanilla paste and pour over the cake at your leisure 😋😋😋😋😋.
Happy Baking! 🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰
The vanilla paste can be found here on our site.