Saag Paneer for an easy and delightful lunch. 😋🥬🧀
250g – Paneer Cheese, diced.
100ml – Cooking Cream, at room temperature.
1tsp Yellow Mustard
2tsp – Garam Masala
1tsp – Garlic
1tsp – Ginger
1tsp – Salt
1/2 tsp – Cayenne
1tbsp – Cooking oil
4 bunches – Spinach
1. Wilt or steam the spinach until it is tender but firm. Take of the heat and let it cool.
2. At this point you can blend the spinach with some water in to a pourable paste. I lightly blended it as I like some texture to the spinach.
3. Pan fry the diced paneer (I used Sirimon Cheese) until golden brown and set aside.
4. Put the garam masala, garlic, ginger and cayenne in a pan on a medium heat for a couple of minutes to ‘wake’ them up and then set aside.
5. On a medium heat, put the blended spinach in to the same pan with the cooking oil of your choice – I used macadamia oil as I like the nutty aroma.
6. Add the fried paneer, spices and salt. Cook for about 8-10 minutes.
7. Add the yellow mustard and cooking cream (I used Bio Foods) for some richness then reduce to a simmering heat for another 10 minutes.
8. Your Saag Paneer is ready to serve with your choice of accompaniment. I had it with some coconut rice.