First of all it is Sunday and I don’t feel up to a complicated meal.
Therefore an oven is especially apt for this simple and delicious recipe.
The prep time will probably depend on how much work you intend to do in the day itself.
Especially relevant for me is to marinate the chicken and prep the bread crumbs the day or night before so that I am free to laze about and enjoy my day.
Makes 6-8 Portions.
2kg Chicken Thighs
165ml Buttermilk (I put 15ml of apple cider into 150ml of milk and let it sit for 15 minutes)
6 Slices of Brown Bread
2 Tbsps of Fresh Rosemary
1 Tbsp of Fresh Sage
1 Tbsp of Garlic Powder
1 Tbsp of Salt
1. Marinate the chicken thighs in the buttermilk overnight.
2. Blend the breadcrumbs, rosemary, sage, garlic and salt to a fine crumb. Store in a container until the next day.
3. Remove the marinated chicken thighs and let them come to room temperature before handling them.
4. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
5. Remove the chicken thighs from the marinade and coat in the breadcrumbs.
6. Place the chicken thighs on a large tray and bake until golden brown and a clear liquid comes out when you cut into the chicken.
7. Bon Appétit !