The oven and a good book is apt for this simple and delicious recipe.
The prep time will depend on how much work you intend to do in the day itself.
I prefer to marinate and prep the bread crumbs the day or night before so that I am free to laze about, read and enjoy my day.
The recipe is as follows:
2kg Chicken Thighs
165ml Buttermilk (I put 15ml of apple cider into 150ml of milk and let it sit for 15 minutes)
6 Slices of Brown Bread
2 Tbsps of Fresh Rosemary
1 Tbsp of Fresh Sage
1 Tbsp of Garlic Powder
1 Tbsp of Salt
1 Tsp of Black Pepper
1. Marinate the chicken thighs in the buttermilk overnight.
2. Blend the breadcrumbs, rosemary, sage, garlic and salt to a fine crumb. Store in a container until the next day.
3. Remove the marinated chicken thighs and let them come to room temperature before handling them.
4. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
5. Remove the chicken thighs from the marinade and coat in the breadcrumbs.
6. Place the chicken thighs on a large tray and bake until golden brown and a clear liquid comes out when you cut into the chicken.
7. Bon Appétit ! 😋