A really easy and simple roast chicken recipe for days when you just want to chill. 😊
1 Whole Chicken (1.5/1.7kg for 4 people or 2 people if they are really hungry. 😅)
1 Tbsp Garlic Salt
1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
2 Tbsps Salt
2 Tbsps Sugar
Water – Enough to cover the chicken in a container.
- To make the brine add the salt, sugar and water into a container.
- Immerse the chicken into the brine and make sure it is fully covered. If not add more water.
- Put the container into the fridge and let it sit overnight.
- Set your oven to 220 degrees centigrade.
- Cut the orange into thin slices and stuff them into the chicken’s cavity with garlic salt.
- Put a little garlic salt on the skin of the chicken and massage it in.
- Add a table spoon of vegetable oil to the baking pan, place the chicken and put it in the oven.
- The first 30 minutes on a very high heat (220 degrees centigrade) to seal the chicken and then 40 to 50 minutes at 160 degrees centigrade to cook the inside.
- The chicken should be ready when a clear liquid comes out from the chicken when pierced with a skewer or knife.
Happy Roasting!! 😃🍊🍗