I made this chicken dish while in a rush as work was pending. I used fresh herbs from my balcony garden. I bought the herbs from. It is a very simple and very easy recipe to make – deliciousness being a bonus. Also excellent the next day. Enjoy!
1 Whole Chicken (at least 1.6 Kg at room temperature)
1 tbsp Garlic Powder
1 tbsp Paprika
1 tsp Ginger
2 tbsp Garam Masala
2 tbsp Marjoram
2 tbsp Thyme
1 tsp Rosemary
1 Bunch Dania (Coriander)
1 tbsp Brown Sugar
1 tbsp Tomato Paste
1 tbsp Cooking Oil
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1&1/2 tsp Salt
- Mix the salt, spices and sugar in a small bowl and set aside.
- Separate the Dania stalks and leaves. Chop them both and put into separate bowls.
- Chop the chicken into pieces or leave whole if desired.
- Heat the oil (I used Rosemary Canola Oil from Mountain Oil) on medium heat in a large pot and add the onions, tomatoes, tomato paste and spice mix.
- Cook the onion, tomatoes, tomato paste and spice mix until it forms a paste.
- Increase the heat and add the chicken to brown (sear).
- Add enough water or chicken stock to cover the chicken and bring to a boil.
- Add the herbs and Dania stalks then after 5 minutes reduce the heat to medium-low where the chicken is just bubbling away.
- Partially cover the pot and leave to simmer for about 40-45 minutes or until the chicken is just falling off the bone.
- Squeeze the lemon over the chicken, sprinkle with the Dania leaves, and it is ready to serve.
I served the chicken with Bhajia and salad. Extremely Delicious!