All from one lemon. No need to say anymore. 🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋
200 g Granulated Sugar
200 g Butter or Margarine
250 g All Purpose Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Salt
60 ml Milk
1 tbsp Lemon Extract
1 Large Lemon
50g Granulated Sugar
1 tbsp Butter
75 ml Milk
1 tsp Vanilla Paste
1. Preheat the fan oven to 160°C .
2. Beat the sugar and butter or margarine in a mixer on a medium speed until light and fluffy.
3. Add each egg one at a time while the mixer is still running.
3. Grate the entire lemon and keep the remainder aside for the caramel.
4. Add the lemon extract and grated lemon and mix on medium for 5 minutes.
5. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
6. Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the flour mixture 1/3 at a time.
7. Add the milk and mix for a further 5 minutes.
8. Pour the cake batter into one large prepared (buttered and floured or lined) baking tin or two smaller prepared tins depending on your preference.
9, Put into the oven for 50 – 55 minutes.
10. After 50 minutes check the middle of the cake with a toothpick or skewer.
It is ready when the toothpick/skewer comes out clean.
1. Squeeze the lemon juice from the remaining lemon.
2. Add the juice to the 50g of sugar and 50ml of water in a pan and bring to a boil.
3. When it has reduced significantly and at the syrup stage add the butter.
4. When the mixture is at a bubbling boil carefully add the milk (it may spit and spatter).
6. Mix continuously for 10-15 minutes until the caramel thickens.
7. Take it off the heat and let it cool before adding the vanilla paste.
Pour over the cake slices at your leisure 😋😋😋😋😋.
The lemon extract vanilla paste can be found here on our site.