A fabulous, fabulous recipe for the weekend and can be prepped a day a advance.
2 L Water
4 tbsp Salt
4 tbsp Sugar
2 tbsp Coriander Seeds
1.5kg Chicken Wings
10 tbsp Honey
2 tbsp Yellow Mustard
1 tbsp Salt
1 tsp Black Pepper
1. Put all the brine ingredients into a pot and heat up until the sugar and salt are dissolved. Remove the pot from the heat and let the brine cool.
2. Once the brine is cooled, put it into a large bowl where you will also add the chicken wings.
3. Mix the brine and chicken thoroughly, cover with cling film and put in the fridge overnight or for a minimum of 2 hours.
4. Preheat your oven to 180°C.
5. Once the chicken is brined, drain the brine and thoroughly pat the chicken dry with a serviette or kitchen paper.
6. Put the chicken on foil lined tray and pop them in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
7. While the chicken is grilling, mix all the basting ingredients together and set aside.
8. After 15 to 20 minutes there should be blood seeping out of the chicken. Baste the wings with a brush or spoon, making sure to cover all the exposed surfaces then pop them back into the oven.
9. Keep basting every 5-7 minutes until the wings are golden brown and a clear liquid seeps from the chicken. They are now done (the optimal internal temperature for cooked chicken should be 75°C).
10. Sprinkle with dania/coriander leaves and serve hot and liberally.
Our fabulous Yellow Mustard is available here.
Happy Grilling. 😃