This is one generous salad. Very filling yet light. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
100g – Halloumi Cheese, cut into rectangles or squares.
150g – Sweet Potato, boiled or steamed, pealed & cut into rectangles or squares
100g – Cherry Tomatoes, washed & patted dry
1 tbsp – Olive Oil
100g – Cashew Nuts
150g – Leafy Lettuce, washed & patted dry
50ml – Plain Yoghurt
1/4 tsp Cayenne
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
200g – Spinach, steamed
50g – Peanuts, Cashews or Pine nuts
3 Cloves of Garlic
100ml – Olive Oil
75g – Parmesan Cheese, grated
30ml – Apple Cider Vinegar or White Wine Vinegar
1/2 tsp – Salt
1. Blend all the pesto ingredients, set aside the amount you will use and refrigerate the rest.
2. Mix the pesto & plain yoghurt together and set aside.
3. Set the grill pan or cast iron skillet on a medium heat and add the olive oil.
4. Grill the halloumi pieces until golden brown and set aside.
5. Grill the sweet potatoes until they brown & crispy.
6. Grill the cherry tomatoes until they have brown grill marks on both sides.
7. Arrange the leafy lettuce on the bottom of your plate, add the sweet potatoes and at this point, sprinkle a little of the cayenne, salt & pepper on top.
8. Add the cherry tomatoes, cashew nuts and halloumi.
9. Drizzle the spinach pesto & yoghurt dressing liberally on top.
10. Sprinkle the rest of the cayenne, salt & pepper on top.