Something easy, bright and fulfilling. It can be made in advance and put together later. Enjoy!
250g Halloumi Cheese
250g Grape or Cherry Tomatoes
100g Baby Spinach
100g Leafy Lettuce
½ tsp Salt
1 large Avocado
2 tbsp Olive Pickle Juice
8 pitted Olives
1 tsp Yellow Mustard
5 tbsp Plain Mala
½ tsp Salt
½ tsp Black Pepper
1 tsp Honey
½ tsp Lemon Juice
- Blend the avocado, olive pickle juice (from the same jar holding the olives), pitted olives, our yellow mustard, plain mala, salt, black pepper, honey and lemon juice then put it in a jar and refrigerate.
- Wash the baby spinach and leafy lettuce, pat dry them dry with kitchen paper, chop up into bite sizes and place in a large salad bowl.
- Slice the halloumi cheese (I used Sirimon Cheese) into your preferred shape and set aside.
- Slice the grape or cherry tomatoes in half and set aside.
- Heat up the grill pan to medium-high and brush with your preferred oil (I used Rosemary Canola Oil from Mountain Oil).
- Grill the halloumi until caramel golden grill marks appear, then flip and repeat. If the halloumi breaks up in the pan, not to worry, it will still be delicious. When done, set aside.
- Increase the heat to high and add the tomatoes sliced side down. When you see dark grill marks, turn them and after 3 minutes, take them off the heat.
- Place the tomatoes in a ring near the edge of the plate, on top of the salad leaves and sprinkle with salt.
- Get the dressing from the fridge and add some on top of the tomatoes and salad leaves.
- Layer the grilled halloumi in the middle of the salad leaves and liberally add the dressing.
Light, Healthy and Acutely Delicious!