For those who feel lazy on Sunday mornings (me most of the time), a breakfast with some protein, carbs, veg and flavour, this is for you. It takes a few minutes and is ready by the time you want to get back in to bed/sofa.
Makes 4 Portions
400g – A pack of your favourite sausages
1 Tbsp – Vegetable Oil
4Cups – Pre-cooked (yesterday’s) rice
1 Tsp – Tomato Paste
3 Tbsp – Ketchup
1 Tbsp – Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Tsp – Brown Sugar
2 Large Onions, chopped
4 Large Tomatoes, chopped
2 Tsp of Salt
Sprinkle of Pepper
4 Scrapes of Lime Rind
2 Stems of Fresh Rosemary
1. Prepared the rice. If it is pre-cooked or yesterday’s, remove the amount required and set aside.
2. Scrape the lime rind, de-leaf the rosemary and at the rind and rosemary leaves to the salt. Mix well.
3. Cook the sausages. When partially cooled, cut into slices.
4. Put the oil, onions, vinegar, ketchup, tomato paste, and pepper in a pan on a medium heat.
5. In the mean-time chop up the tomatoes.
6. After 7 minutes add the sliced sausages and stir well until completely coated with the sauce.
7. After another 7 minutes add the rice and 1/3rd of the chopped tomatoes. Combine well. Cook until the liquid reduces.
8. Take the pan off the hob, serve on to a dish and add the rest of the chopped tomatoes on top.
9. Sprinkle the rosemary lime salt on top to taste. (Naisenya Foods is currently testing new flavoured salts – stay tuned).
10. Bon Appetit.
Check out amazing products from Naisenya Foods.
Free delivery for orders over Ksh.5000/=.