No need for long explanations, I wanted loads of chocolate bundled into a small package and brownies came to mind. Voilà!
240g Butter/Margerine (melted and cooled)
2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
200g White Sugar
200g Brown Sugar (the one with molasses)
4 large eggs
2 tbsp Vanilla Extract/ Vanilla Paste
1 tsp Salt
130g All Purpose Flour
100g Cocoa (not drinking chocolate)
250g Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 175°C.
2. Grease an 8×12-inch baking tin (the longer the pan the thinner and drier the brownie) and dust with cocoa powder or line with grease-proof paper.
3. Mix the melted butter/margarine, vegetable oil and the 2 sugars together until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla extract/paste then beat the mixture until it is lighter in colour.
4. Mix the flour, cocoa powder and salt together.
5. Sift the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined (don’t over beat the batter as this will affect the texture of your brownies).
6. Fold in 3/4 of the chocolate chips.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared baking tin, smoothing the top out evenly, and top with remaining 1/4 of the chocolate chips.
8. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the middle of the brownies in the baking pan no longer jiggles. If testing with a toothpick, the toothpick should come out with a bit of batter for a gooey brownie. If you prefer firmer brownies bake for a further few minutes and keep checking. When you test with the tooth pick, it should have a smidgen of batter on it.
9. When the brownies have cooled to room temperature, you can begin slicing into your preferred size of brownies.
Absolute Decadence. 😆