I had missed fish and wanted something easy and fresh to make.
2Kg Tilapia Fillet
2 Tbsp Spanish Paprika or Regular Paprika
1 Garlic Bulb
1 Large Lemon
2 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Black Pepper
7 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
2 Large Broccoli Florets
4 Large Carrots or 6 Medium Carrots
- Put 1 teaspoon of oil in a pan & set the heat to medium-high.
- Chop the broccoli into small florets & the carrots & onions into thin strips.
- Put the vegetables in the pan with ½ a teaspoon of salt & ½ a teaspoon of black pepper.
- Cook them for 2 minutes after which you will reduce the heat to medium-low & cover.
- When the vegetables are softened but still have a little bite to them, take them off the heat as they are ready.
GRILLING THE FISH:
- Set your oven to 220°
- Line the oven baking tray with foil & set aside. It should be big enough to cook all the fish at once. If not, you can use 2 smaller baking trays.
- Juice the lemon & cut the remainder of the lemon into slices.
- Put the paprika, garlic, lemon juice, salt & pepper in a pestle & mortar, then grind them into a paste – add the remaining oil & mix thoroughly. You can also put ingredients in a blender inclusive of the oil.
- Lay half of the lemon slices evenly on the baking tray.
- Cut the fish fillets into chunks (or if you prefer, leave them whole) & lay them on top of lemons in the baking tray. Don’t leave too much space between the fish as they will dry out quickly.
- Pour the paprika paste over the fish & distribute evenly.
- Put the remainder of the lemon slices on top of the fish.
- Put the fish into the oven & grill for about 40 to 45 minutes or until the fish has browned on top & is white & flaky inside.
- Serve with the sautéed vegetables.